During the course you will cover the following topics:
- Montessori education and sports
- The importance of sports in contemporary society
- Systems of sports education
- Movement across the Planes of Development
- Preparing the sports environment
- Role of the adult in the sports environment
There are two different ways you can do this course:
- You will have 3 month access to complete this course. You can do this course at your own pace in this time period. There are no designated time-slots to be online. Cost EURO 397
TO REGISTER You can use the couponcode ‘MANZ’ for 10% discount.
- You can do this in a group. Format 4 x one hour sessions. Dates TBC.
The group format will give guidance and continuous support throughout the course with interactive sessions that will enhance the learning experiences of this format of training. Cost EURO 447.30 TO REGISTER
a. Kick-off: Introduction to Montessori Sports and platform
b. Chapter 1, 2, 3 and Q&A
c. Chapter 4, 5, 6 and final assignments preparation
d. Graduation: Discussion of final assignments and further implementation
If you are interested in the group format please contact email@example.com.
In total, for both formats, there is a workload of 40 hours. However, if you are already experienced within Montessori or working at an early learning service/school, the estimated workload will be around 25 – 30 hours.
After you have completed this course you will:
- understand the philosophical connection between sports and Montessori education across all Planes of Development
- understand the basic principles and methods for implementing sports in a Montessori environment
- understand how sports will contribute to overall child development across all Planes of Development
- have acquired basic sports skills to present to the tamariki
- be able to prepare different learning environments for sports
- be able to guide different Montessori sports sessions
- be able to conduct observations during sport sessions
You can view Montessori Sports website here