During the course you will cover the following topics:
- Montessori education and sports
- The importance of sports in contemporary society
- Systems of sports education
- Movement across the Planes of Development
- Preparing the sports environment
- Role of the adult in the sports environment
You will have one-year access to complete this online course. You can do this course at your own pace and in your own time. There are no designated time-slots to be online.
In total there is a workload of 40 hours. However, if you are already experienced within Montessori or working at an early learning service/school, the estimated workload will be around 25 – 30 hours.
After you have completed this course you will:
- understand the philosophical connection between sports and Montessori education across all Planes of Development
- understand the basic principles and methods for implementing sports in a Montessori environment
- understand how sports will contribute to overall child development across all Planes of Development
- have acquired basic sports skills to present to the tamariki
- be able to prepare different learning environments for sports
- be able to guide different Montessori sports sessions
- be able to conduct observations during sport sessions
Cost USD $297
This online course is accredited by AMI. Upon completion of the course you will receive an AMI accredited Montessori Sports certificate. Based on your final assignment you will be rewarded with this certificate.
After you have received the certificate, you will be invited to attend a live graduation ceremony together with fellow Montessori Sports students.