Montessori Aoteaoroa New Zealand
Montessori Aotearoa New Zealand is a collective of school, organisation and individual members who work together to provide and promote Montessori education in New Zealand.
Check out how you can become a member of Montessori Aotearoa New Zealand.
Join as a MANZ Member School
A privately owned or community operated school or early childhood centre, primary class within a state primary school or private primary school in New Zealand can belong to Montessori Aotearoa New Zealand as a school member.
The annual school membership is based on the number of families attending the centre or school at $11/family/term or $44/family/year.
The school member collects this subscription on behalf of the national association.
The annual subscription can be paid in full once per year or quarterly payments.
If your centre is new and opening in the calendar year, membership for the first year of operation is offered at the discounted rate of $232.
MANZ member schools receive a range of direct benefits:
- Montessori Voices - a quarterly, parent-focused magazine for all families attending your centre or school.
- InTouch - a monthly ezine from MANZ
- MANZ membership certificate each year.
- Full MANZ conference and professional development discounts for all staff, parents, owners and board members.
- Free school listing in Montessori Voices and on MANZ website.
- Opportunity to have a web profile for your centre or school on the MANZ website.
- Discounted classified advertising in Montessori Voices and on MANZ website.
- Referrals from parents requesting information via website.
- Voting rights at MANZ Annual General Meeting.
- Member schools are frequently consulted by MANZ and help determine the future of Montessori in NZ.
- Teachers at MANZ member schools can receive Informed e-zine for Montessori professionals by sending their email address to email@example.com
MANZ school membership is annual and can be paid either in one full-year payment in March or in four quarterly payments in March, June, September
and November. If, for example, a school joins for the 2012 school year, the whole year payment is due.
If a school decides to withdraw from membership during the calendar year; then the whole year payment is still required.
Members cannot join for the year and only pay one or two quarterly payments.
Join as a MANZ Individual or Student Member
If you are a Montessori professional at a Montessori centre or school, a parent at a centre or school that does not belong to MANZ or if you simply have an interest in Montessori education you can join MANZ as an individual member.
Annual subscriptions are $NZ62 per year for members in New Zealand and $NZ95 per year for international members.
New Zealand students undertaking their first pre-service qualification can join MANZ for $NZ30 per year.
The subscription year begins in January.
As a MANZ individual member you'll receive these member benefits:
- Montessori Voices a quarterly, parent-focused magazine sent to your address.
- Informed - a quarterly e-magazine for Montessori professionals.
- Individual discounts at MANZ conferences and professional development workshops.
- Voting rights at MANZ AGM/SGM.
MANZ student members receive the additional benefit of being able to register for the MANZ Conference and professional development events at the special rate offered to teachers at MANZ member schools. MANZ will ask for proof of current student identification.
After June 30, only half the subscription rate is charged to the end of the financial year.
Interested in reading a recent issue of Informed e-zine for Montessori professionals ? Download here...
To join simply send an email to MANZ with your name and postal details and make your payment by internet banking. We will confirm your membership when payment is received.
MANZ bank account: 06 0589 0528704 00
Note: Reference your name and MANZ membership
Join MANZ as an Organisation Member
Organisations with an interest in Montessori education, who do not operate as a school, can join MANZ.
Organisation members include Montessori training organisations or parent trusts working to establish schools.
The annual organisation subscription is $NZ232/year. As a MANZ Organisation member you'll receive these member benefits
- One copy of Montessori Voices a quarterly, parent-focused magazine.
- InTouch the monthly email newsletter from MANZ.
- One discounted registration fee for MANZ conferences and professional development workshops.
- Voting rights at MANZ AGM/SGM.