Primary and intermediate (Years 1–8) / kura tuatahi, Certificated teacher
Team leader of our Montessori unit (6–12-year-old students) within our state primary school with 2PMU.
We are seeking an exceptional teacher and a dynamic and progressive leader who will make positive contributions to our Montessori School.
We are a future focused school who pride ourselves on growing professional leaders at all levels. We have fantastic children, a supportive board of trustees and a wonderful community. Montessori education continues to grow in NZ and we currently make up 25% of the school’s roll.
Successful applicants will have:
- The passion and desire to work outside the mainstream, yet within the NZC
- Exemplary levels of practice and an excellent knowledge of the NZ Curriculum
- The ability to consolidate and build on the strengths of our school community
- Culturally responsive and inclusive practices
- Interpersonal skills that promote trusting and professional relationships with staff and the community
- A commitment to ongoing learning and teaching as inquiry processes
- A sense of humour and fun.
Previous Montessori knowledge and experience is a condition of this appointment. Professional development in the Montessori pedagogy will be an ongoing process.