There is an exciting opportunity at Marshwood Montessori Preschool for a part time teacher in our beautifully, refurbished centre. We are looking for a qualified, registered and experienced teacher to join our vibrant and enthusiastic team. We are a small, privately owned centre based in Glendowie, licensed for 40 children. We have two purposefully designed classrooms, one for the two to three and a half year olds and the other a full three to six classroom.
The position is to work in both classrooms over two to three days a week with a view to this becoming full time in the next few months. Your key duties will include implementing the Montessori teaching philosophy, liaising with parents, writing stories and becoming part of our growing team. We pride ourselves on our loyal customer base, well resourced classrooms and our passionate teachers.
- Inclusive and supportive team environment
- In house training and orientation
- Generous non contact time
- Annual budget for Professional Development
- Excellent teacher to child ratios
- Annual incentives and reviews
- Scope to develop your career
- Teacher registration and First Aid training
- The centre closes for four weeks over Christmas and New Year
Skills and experience required
- Minimum of five years experience
- NZ degree or diploma qualified and a current registration
- Hold a current first aid certificate
- A qualification and experience working with the Montessori philosophy
- Exposure to working with children aged from two to six years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to both Montessori philosophy and Te Whaariki curriculum
- Computer literate
If you are looking for a preschool that values their staff and are willing to reward you with incentives and excellent remuneration, send your CV and a cover letter to Michelle at email@example.com or call to discuss on 09-5215288.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.