Formerly known as Rangimarie Montessori Children’s House, we are proud to have been providing quality Montessori education for children in the northern suburbs of Wellington for over 20 years. We now have an opportunity for an ECE qualified Montessori Teacher to join our team!
We are a diverse community with a licence for 36 children aged from 2 to 6 years of age. Our vision is to empower our youngest generation to be happy, productive global citizens.
You’ll fit right in if you are a great team player, have a good sense of humour and a positive outlook. We would love for our new teacher to be creative with an interest in the arts, and having a strength in bicultural practice would be a real bonus! We are a very diverse centre with multiple languages spoken, so an understanding of working with children with English as a second language is essential.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a solid understanding of the Montessori Philosophy
- Can think on their feet and be flexible
- Has a good understanding of documentation and why it’s important
- Is passionate about professional learning, self-motivated, innovative, reflective and prepared to think beyond boundaries
- Has a passion for working collaboratively with teachers, parents and whanau
- Holds a Montessori Diploma or Certificate
- Is ECE qualified (level 7) and has current teacher registration/certification
At BestStart, we are committed to providing you with ongoing support and professional growth. We’ll continuously invest in your learning through Professional Development, providing hands-on induction and mentoring programmes and ongoing PLD opportunities. Our teachers enjoy many benefits including a competitive salary, free medical insurance, uniforms and subsidised childcare.
If this sounds like the role you have been waiting for, we would love to hear from you! To apply please submit your CV and Cover Letter online today, at https://best-start.org/career-list?ja-job=860097 or for further information call our lovely Centre Manager, Rachel Dawson on 04 478 6071. Closes 29 April 2019.