Montessori Kāpiti now has a rare vacancy for a Montessori Teacher, who is keen to embrace this unique opportunity to be part of this well established & enriching environment.
Our purpose-built Montessori environment allows children of all ages to mix or work separately depending on their needs. Children transition from one room to the next when they are socially and emotionally ready to grow. We work with the Healthy Heart Foundation to provide a healthy and nutritious vegetarian menu, including seasonal produce from our own garden.
“Montessori fosters children’s confidence and creativity, giving them the wings to become independent lifelong learners”.
- We follow the philosophy of Maria Montessori within the Te Whāriki curriculum framework.
- We trust and respect the intrinsic motivation in our tamariki to become independent, confident, motivated individuals.
- We embrace the diverse cultures of our centre through meaningful connections with whānau and our community.
- We value the commitment made as professionals to see ourselves as lifelong learners.
- We provide an environment that supports multiple opportunities for interaction with others in a peaceful way.
Our preferred attributes are:
- Montessori Diploma or Certificate
- Genuine passion for working with Montessori led teaching.
- Confidence and commitment to working in collaboration with parents and families.
- A strong understanding of the Te Whariki, and commitment to working with staff and parents to achieve continuous improvement and progress.
Here at BestStart, we are committed to providing you with ongoing Personal Development to ensure you and your career are being well looked after. BestStart Teachers enjoy many benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Professional Development
- Quality uniforms
- Subsidised childcare
- Career advancement opportunities
We invite you to visit our wonderful centre, so please feel free to contact us today to schedule a visit time that suits you.
Visit our website here: www.best-start.org/centres/montessori-kapiti
To find out more about this Montessori opportunity, contact our friendly Business Manager, Diana Passingham on 021 944 615.
We look forward to receiving your application via the BestStart careers page https://careers.best-start.org/