- Above market pay rates
- Commitment to ongoing Professional development and training
- Well-resourced centre, a large outdoor playground and a vege patch
Kohimarama Montessori Preschool are seeking a qualified, registered and experienced early childhood teacher with exposure to the Montessori philosophy to work in a small centre with 30 children in total. Your hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8am to 4.30pm with No rosters and you will be working alongside 3 other teachers. Working with children from 3 – 5 years you will be responsible for planning and guiding their educational and developmental journey using the Te Whaariki and Montessori principles as a base, writing stories and supporting the centre manager to ensure the strategic goals of the centre are met.
This will be a diverse and varied role and very rewarding as you will have the opportunity to be part of each child’s developmental journey while transitioning them into their primary school phase.
- Inclusive and supportive team environment with good staff retention
- Receive ongoing Professional development from external providers
- Excellent teacher + child ratios – WELL below the MOE requirements
- Receive time off the floor 1 hr + 45mins per day with an extra hour across the week
- A 2 week on boarding programme is offered to ALL new staff
- Get your teacher registration + first aid certificate paid for when it expires
- The centre closes for 2 weeks over xmas and new years
- Weekly pay
Skills and experience for the role:
- 2 + years experience working in the ECE sector
- NZ Qualified with either a degree in early child hood or a diploma
- Current registration and first aid certificate
- A qualification and experience working with the Montessori philosophy
- Exposure to working with children aged from 3 to 5 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to both Montessori philosophy and Te Whaariki curriculum
- Competent with creating written documents using a laptop or IPad
If you want to work for a centre that truly values their staff and are willing to reward you with above market pay, send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me to discuss on 0210455974
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.