Capital Montessori Preschool is a two-classroom community-based Montessori preschool, deeply committed to authentic and high-quality Montessori education. We also run a drop-in playgroup for children under three and their caregivers, which is a strong source of enrolments into the preschool. We aim to retain all of our children until the age of six and to inspire families to continue on the Montessori educational pathway throughout the Primary years. We educate for peace, justice, equality, self-reliance and relationship.
We are looking for an experienced Montessori educator to manage our community preschool and lead a team, including both established and developing Montessori teachers. The role will involve class teaching, school management and professional mentoring for staff. The successful candidate will be motivated, empathetic and strongly committed to the Montessori educational philosophy, informed by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI).
- Providing leadership to create an environment in which teachers are supported to provide a high-quality Montessori educational programme to children aged 3-6, as well as an engaging Montessori playgroup for children under three and their caregivers.
- Providing a strong role model as a Montessori educator in the classroom.
- Managing day-to-day centre operations, including staffing, finance, enrolments and marketing.
- Recruiting, inducting, leading and developing a high-quality Montessori-trained team.
- Leading sessions to educate caregivers and others on the philosophy and benefits of Montessori education.
- Maintaining strong community cohesion.
- Fostering strong relationships with local Primary schools.
Skills and experience
- ECE qualified (Bachelor or Diploma of Teaching) and fully registered teacher.
- Training or experienced in Montessori early childhood education (Certified AMI training in Montessori is desirable).
- Proven experience as an effective Montessori early childhood educator.
- Highly skilled in building strong relationships with the community and attracting new families.
- Strong experience in leading, inspiring and mentoring a teaching team.
- Proven experience in managing an early learning service.
- You will enjoy the privilege of leading a wonderful team of teachers who have strong relationships with the children they educate and the respect of the school community.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for professional development in Montessori education and educational leadership.
- Support from a committed and active Board of Trustees.
Closes Wednesday 25 November 2020.
Position description available on request. Please email email@example.com