MANZ Strategic Plan 2020-24
MANZ finalised this Strategic Plan (2020-24) in February 2020. While it would have been presented to members at MANZ Conference 2020, the conference was cancelled due to Covid-19 therefore members were sent it in April 2020.
The three strategic aims form the basis for the Montessori community in New Zealand over the next four years.
Earlier Community Consultation
MANZ Council met in Wellington on February 28, 2019 and four draft strategic aims were developed, building on achievements from the current strategic plan. Members of our national association were invited to co-construct the plan by providing feedback online and at the MANZ Open Forum at the 2019 conference attended by a number of very enthusiastic and reflective attendees. This feedback was considered by MANZ Council in November 2019 with amendments being made reducing the Aims to three.
MANZ Council focused on the strategic plan again in February 2020 and the final strategic plan was presented to the Montessori community in April 2020.
MANZ President, Gillian Somers says:
“2019 was the final year of our old Strategic Plan and the fact that we were so ready for a new one, is testament to the progress that was made on the previous one. At the 2019 conference, we presented the draft plan and to a dynamic group and received invaluable feedback that had us back at the board tweaking. This fine-tuning has continued but we think we now have got a plan which will both guide and inspire us for the next cycle. Of course – that is the easy part. Now the real works begins bringing this plan to fruition and plotting a new course for our MANZ waka.”
The three strategic aims and associated goals are;
Strategic Aim One
Enabling today’s learners for tomorrow’s world
- MANZ positions Montessori education as a relevant and viable choice.
- MANZ is responsive to the changing needs of its community whilst remaining true to the Montessori philosophy.
Strategic Aim Two
Empowering those who serve ākonga
- MANZ PLD is available and accessible annually for kaiako across all age groups using different media and tailored to the Strategic Aims.
- Kaiako are using the Montessori Journey to Excellence (MJ2Ex) Essential Elements to support practice and professional growth.
- Evaluations of PLD demonstrate positive impact to kaiako learning and development.
Strategic Aim Three
Embedding biculturalism, increasing equity
- MANZ seeks all reasonable opportunities to engage with tangata whenua.
- The principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi underpin the work of MANZ.
You can download the Strategic Plan, AGM minutes, Annual Report and MANZ constitution below.