Join Montessori Aotearoa New Zealand
Montessori Aotearoa New Zealand (MANZ) is the representative organisation that provides information, membership support, policy development services, coordination, advocacy and representation at government advisory and governance groups for all member schools, organisations and individuals.
When you become a member of MANZ, you join our community of Montessori early learning services, schools, educators, parents, whānau and professionals across Aotearoa New Zealand.
Join as a MANZ Member School
Any licensed Montessori early learning service, independent and integrated Montessori primary and/or high schools and Montessori primary and/or high school classes running in traditional state schools can belong to Montessori Aotearoa New Zealand as a school member.
The annual school membership is based on the number of whānau (families) attending the service/school at $11.90/family/quarter or $47.60 /family/year (incl GST) for NZ members.
The school member collects this membership on behalf of the national association.
If a service/school is new, membership for the first year of operation, may be offered at the discounted rate of $250 + GST to assist with opening low enrollments and to give time to build numbers. However, this is on the agreement that the service/school will renew at full MANZ membership rates for a minimum of 12 months following the first year of operation.
MANZ member schools receive a range of benefits and support. These include:
- Representation and leadership on Government Advisory Groups and committees.
- A promoted profile on the number one Montessori website in the country. Member schools are highlighted in the Directory of schools, early learning services and playgroups with a dedicated website page for higher-profile marketing opportunities.
- A listing in Montessori Voices.
- MANZ Membership Certificate – issued in March each year.
- Montessori Voices: A subscription to our quarterly, parent-focused magazine for all whānau/families attending the service/school.
- e-zine Informed: A subscription to our quarterly e-zine for kaiako with articles of interest for each level of teaching, information on upcoming professional development, reviews of professional development which has been and job advertisements.
- InTouch: A subscription to our monthly e-zine from MANZ detailing the Executive Officer’s work with the government and government agencies advocating for MANZ members and tamariki.
- MANZ Conference and Professional Development – receive a generous discount for MANZ conference and professional development for all staff, parents, whānau, service/school owners and Trust members.
- Discounted Classified – discounted classified advertising on MANZ website, Montessori Voices and e-zine Informed for up to three months from the placement of the advertisement.
- One-On-One Support for Employers – where members have access to the Executive Officer during business hours for management, policy and HR advice between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday. Phone 027 448 5525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Membership MANZ GoogleGroup Forum – where MANZ school members discuss issues, share ideas, information, resources, ask questions, and network in our Montessori community.
Eligible for Members to Apply for Yearly
- Binda Goldsbrough Research Fund – each year MANZ sets aside a research fund to provide a practical means of supporting Montessori research in Aotearoa New Zealand. (approx $2000)
- Dr Nicola Chisnall Memorial Award – this award is for schools to detail initiatives, large and small, that make significant contributions to tamariki, families and communities. ($500)
- MANZ Study Grant – this is available for kaiako (teachers) in MANZ member services and kura (schools) to apply to assist with Montessori study costs. ($1000).
Member schools are also frequently consulted by MANZ and help determine the future of Montessori in Aotearoa.
Membership is annual and is paid in four quarterly installments in March, June, September and November. If a service/school decides to withdraw from membership during the calendar year; then the whole year payment is still required. Members cannot join for the year and only pay one or two quarterly installments.
Email: email@example.com for a membership application form.
Join as a MANZ Individual, Home Base Care Operator or Student Member
If you are a Montessori professional at a Montessori early learning service or school; a parent at an early learning service or school, that does not belong to MANZ; a Home-Base Care Operator or, if you simply have an interest in Montessori education, you can join MANZ as an individual member.
Annual subscriptions are $NZ66 per year for members in New Zealand and $NZ125 per year for international members.
New Zealand students undertaking their first pre-service qualification can join MANZ for $40 per year.
The subscription year is from January 1 – December 31.
As a MANZ individual member you’ll receive these member benefits:
- Montessori Voices – a quarterly, parent-focused magazine.
- e-zine Informed – a quarterly e-zine for kaiako with articles of interest for each level of teaching, information on upcoming professional development, reviews of professional development which has been and job advertisements.
- MANZ Conference and Professional Development – receive a generous discount for MANZ conference and professional development.
- Voting Rights – voting rights at MANZ Annual General Meeting.
- MANZ representation on Government and Government Advisory Groups.
- MANZ Study Grant – eligible to apply for this grant yearly.
- Binda Goldsbrough Research Fund – eligible to apply for this yearly.
MANZ student members receive the additional benefit of being able to register for the MANZ Conference and professional development events at the special rate offered to kaiako at MANZ member schools. Proof of current student identification will be required.
After June 30, only half the subscription rate is charged to the end of the financial year.
If you are a Home-based educator please apply under this membership.
Interested in reading an issue of e-zine Informed for Montessori professionals?
To join, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an application for membership form.
Join MANZ as an Organisation Member
Organisations with an interest in Montessori education, or an education provider who do not operate as a school or a parent trust, can join MANZ.
The yearly subscriptions is $250 per year (+ GST) if the organisation is based in Aotearoa, New Zealand and $NZ365 per year if the organisation is based overseas. As a MANZ Organisation member you’ll receive these member benefits:
- One copy of Montessori Voices a quarterly, parent-focused magazine.
- One discounted registration fee for MANZ conferences and professional development workshops.
- Voting rights at MANZ Annual General Meeting.
- Listing on the MANZ website.